Last updated: June 1, 2019.
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible in connection with the Runway Services.
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Runway Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal data”); and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Runway Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Runway Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect on or through the Runway Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in connection with the Runway Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Runway Services, posting material, or requesting assistance. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with or have a question about the Runway Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Details of your use of and access to the Runway Services;
- Your search queries on the Runway Services; and
- File data types and associated meta data regarding models.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Runway Services or transmitted to other users of the Runway Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions” and each, “User Contribution”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages and Runway Services, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Runway Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Please note that we use this information to operate, maintain, improve and provide to you the features and functionality of the Runway Services.
2. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technology
As you navigate through and interact with the Runway Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your access to and use of the Runway Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use in connection with the Runway Services; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information that we collect automatically may include personal data and such collection helps us to improve the Runway Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, which allows us to customize the Runway Services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you use the Runway Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Analytics information: We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Runway Services. These tools collect information sent by the Runway Services, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Runway Services. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form, such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user;
- Cookies Information: When you access and use the Runway Services, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your access and use of the Runway Services and lets Runway help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Runway Services. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Runway Services (e.g., the pages that you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Runway Services), and allow us to track your usage of the Runway Services over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close the Runway Services and browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser and on the applicable Runway Services on subsequent access and use of the Runway Services. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Runway Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled;
- Log file Information: Log file information is automatically reported by the Runway Services each time that you access the Runway Services. When you use the Runway Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your request, IP address, machine type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Runway Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information;
- Clear Gifs/Web Beacons Information: When you use the Runway Services, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons), which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Runway Services; and
- Communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences. We also use your information to send you Runway Services-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Runway Services, technical and security notices).
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use personal data that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To provide services to you;
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To present the Runway Services and its contents to you;
- To inform you about information regarding the Runway Services, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- To verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and personal data;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Runway Services, including surveys and other forms of research;
- To help us to improve the Runway Services and to deliver a better and more useful experience to our customers and to understand which parts of the Runway Services may be of most interest;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To comply with a legal obligation or to carry out a legitimate interest that we or a third party may have; and
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
4. Sharing of Your Information
We do not and will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside of Runway and its affiliates without your consent, except as noted below:
- What Happens in the Event of a Change of Control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer Runway (including any shares in Runway), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information, such as names and email addresses, User Contribution and other user information related to the Runway Services may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of Runway;
- Instances Where We Are Required to Share Your Information: Runway will disclose your information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (ii) enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of the Runway Services; and/or (iii) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Runway, our users or others; and
- Sharing Certain Service Type Information We Collect About You: We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, and clear gifs (including, without limitation, anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, and number of clicks). We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
5. How We Store and Protect Your Information
- Storage and Processing: Currently, information collected through the Runway Services is stored and processed in the United States.
- Keeping Your Information Safe: Runway cares about the security of your information, and uses safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Runway Services. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password and token identification) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Runway, at all times. However, Runway cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to Runway or guarantee that information on the Runway Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the Runway Services, such as social networks. Runway is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party; and
- Compromise of Information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Runway will investigate the situation without undue delay and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. Your Choices About Your Information
You Control, Review and Change Your Personal data, Account Information and Settings: You can update your account information and email-communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, except as provided by applicable law, you may not opt out of Runway Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Runway Services, technical and security notices). Notwithstanding the foregoing, under the new European Union law called the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights relating to your personal data. Except as limited under applicable law, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed of and request access to the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or complete;
- The right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- The right to object to us processing your personal data where we no longer have a legitimate or legal need to process it;
- The right to object to being subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on your or produce a similarly significant effect;
- The right to request a copy of your personal data in a machine readable format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- The right to request that we delete your personal data.
If you have any questions about reviewing, correcting, deleting or modifying your personal data and account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you delete your User Contributions from the Runway Services, copies of your User Contributions may still remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Runway Services; and
- Opting out of Collection of Your Information for Tracking: Please refer to your browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools may prevent Runway or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Runway Services. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Runway Services. Also, you may contact us if you wish to opt-out and exercise your right to be forgotten under applicable laws. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can always contact us directly at email@example.com.
7. How Long We Keep User Contribution
Following termination or deactivation of your user account, except as limited by applicable law, Runway may retain your profile information and User Contribution for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
8. Children under the Age of 13
The Runway Services (including this website) are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any information to or on this website. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
10. Links to Other Websites and Services
11. How to Contact Us
As a reminder, you can always opt-out sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
© 2019 Runway AI, Inc.